Thursday, July 26, 2007

Tameiz

Recipe by:zainab


4 + 3\4 cups flour,unbleached,whole wheat,or a mixture of the two.
4 Tablespoons butter,divided.
2 Teaspoons yeast.
1 Teaspoon baking soda .
2 Teaspoons salt.
2 cups water.
2 tablespoons evaporated milk (low fat).

for Topping:
*milk.
* olive oil +zaatar.
* sugar.
* toasted sesame seeds.
1)place all ingredients+ 2 Tablespoons butter in the bowl of mixer ,beat 10 minutes to make a soft dough.

2) add the rest of butter to the dough and knead it by hand until well combined.



3) Cover and let rise for 1-2 hour.




4) Divide dough into 4 pieces.
5) shape each piece into a ball.



6)Roll each ball into a 20cm round.





7)Brush the top with milk ,prick the dough all over with a fork, and sprinkle it with sugar and toasted sesame seeds or olive oil +zaatar .









8) Bake at 550 for 7-9 minutes.


6 comments:

Blue Zebra said...

Hi Zanaib I love your blog and recipes! We post together on www.thefreshloaf.com

I have a blog here too and hope you will visit me! www.mulliganstewme.com

Happy Cooking!

Arabic Bites said...

Hello blue zebra ,
Thank you for your comment ,I will visit your blog now.
Happy Cooking to you too.
zainab

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh your photo's make me wanna eat now....yummy yummy. I came across your blog on the Bloggers Choice Awards where you have been nominated for the Best Photography Blog.

You can add a brag badge to your blog so that you can collect more votes. The code is on the same page that people can go to Vote For This Site!

Anonymous said...

lovely site ladies, I commend you both on hosting such delicious recipes,I am a non arab who grew up in arabia,it's been a long time since I have tasted some of those foods and thanks to you guys I can actually make things that I thought I couldn't eat anylonger. Thanks a million.

Arabic Bites said...

Thanks for stopping by.I’m glad that you like our blog,
one of our main goal to greate this blog is introduc arabic food to non arab people on easy way .
Zainab & meedo

kami said...

Sisters great job! I just love your blog, I am a 25 yr old single living in USA who grew up in the middle east, and I just love love love your way of making food, so simple and greatly explained! Once again thank you for the great servie.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin