I made this recipe for BreadBakingDay #5.
Chelsea from Rolling in dough, the host of BBD #5, has chosen filled breads as theme.
Left to Right:cream cheese fatayer,mini pizza,Feta Cheese +spinach ftayer.
1 recipe 10 Minutes Dough.
*For Feta Cheese Filling:
450 g Feta Cheese.
chopped fresh mint.
1 teaspoon sumac.
1/2 teaspoon olive oil .
*for mini pizza topping:
low fat halloumi or mozzarella cheese, shredded.
*for spinach Filling:
2 teaspoons olive oil.
2 small onions, finely chopped.
500-600 g spinach, Fresh or frozen.
2 teaspoons salt.
2 Tablespoons sumac.
1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
1 teaspoon Arabic Gulf mix spice.
1/4 cup lemon juice.
1) Heat oil in pan add onion, cook, stirring until is soft. Than add spices, and spinach, stirring than add lemon juice, cook about 5 minutes (cool to use for filling).
2) Divide dough into 36 pieces. Roll each to a 9 cm round.
3) Fill each with 1-2Tablespoons of any filling above.
4) Place Fatayer onto oven trays.
5) Bake at 375 F about 15 minutes or until browned.