Astrid from Paulchen's Foodblog selected oat as theme for this month's Bread Baking Day.
2 1/2 - 2 3/4 cups white flour.
1 1/2 teaspoons yeast.
2 Tablespoons oat flour.
1 teaspoon ground cardamom.
1/2 teaspoon baking powder.
1 teaspoon vanilla powder or 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.
1 Tablespoon butter.
3 Tablespoons pistachios, finely chopped.
Pinch of saffron.
1 cup water.
1) Place all ingredients in the bowl of mixer; beat 10 minutes to make soft dough.
2) Cover dough and let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 45 minutes.
3) Take the dough out onto a floured board, roll it out to 1/4 or 1/2 inch thickness, and cut with your favorites shape cutter.
4) Place on a baking sheet, Cover and let rise for 20-30 minutes.
5) Deep-fry in hot oil in batches until browned, drain on absorbent paper.
6) Coat the puff into powdered sugar just before serving.