Monday, December 24, 2007

Cardamom & Saffron Pudding

Recipe by:zainab

I made this Pudding for SHF#38 -The Proof is in the Pudding hosted by zorra from kochtopf .

SHF #38 - The proof is in the Pudding!

Sugar High Friday the monthly event created by Jennifer, from Domestic Goddess.


Photobucket



3 1/2 cups low fat evaporated milk.
3/4 cup water.
6 cardamom pods .
1/8 teaspoon crushed saffron threads or pinch .
4-5 Tablespoons sugar.
5-7 Tablespoons corn starch.
2 Tablespoons rose water.
1-2 Tablespoons qaimar (Optional).

1)Using mortar and pestle,lightly crush cardamom.

2)Combine cardamom ,Saffron,water & Milk in pan, stir over low heat;simmer until boil.

Photobucket



3)Strain into medium pan discard cardamom pods, stir in sugar+ corn starch,stir constantly over heat until mixture boils and thickens.

3) Remove from heat,than stir in rose water and qaimar.

4) Pour into small glass bowls.

5)serve it warm or cold .

Topping Options:

*chopped pistachio.
*Strawberries,sliced.
*Nuts Cardamom & Saffron mix.

For (Nuts Cardamom & Saffron mix):
Toasted crushed nuts + pinch of ground cardamom +crushed saffron threads .

Photobucket

Photobucket

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your puddings look so delicious! What is Qaimar?

Thank you for participating in SHF 38.

Dori said...

I can almost smell the pudding with all that cardamom, saffron, and rose water...wow!

Arabic Bites said...

Hi zorra,
Qaimar is (thick Iraqi cream)and we use it alot in arabic gulf area ,you can substitute it with cream.
Thank you for the invitation.

meeso,
I think it's really worth trying.

דורית said...

That looks so good! I love cardomom!!

Arabic Bites said...

Hi prettybaker,

Thank you for your comment,give it a try & don't forget to tell me what you think.

Gloria Baker said...

Girls, What`s nice pudding!!!!Looks delicious!!! How ever! I have cardamom now because I'm drink my coffe with cardamom, is very nice. I want to try this lovely recipe!! xxxx Gloria

Anonymous said...

This looks so delicious. I love your blog and will be exploring it once I look at everyone's SHF puddings!

Ann

Unknown said...

I just found your blog via SHF, and I'm so glad I did! I love Middle Eastern food, and I can't wait to try out your recipes!

Arabic Bites said...

Hi all,
(Gloria,Ann,Melissa)Thanks for all the nice comments.

zainab

Chef Jeena said...

These puddings look so amazing, I love how they are decorated. :-)

Arabic Bites said...

Thank you jeena.:-)

Aline said...

:)) i love it ana min brazil this blog rocks
aline.karim@hotmail.com

Syaliza Abdul Rahman said...

salam :) Eid Mubarak (2012)

thank you for the recipes. i love the puddings. if i want to make a larger batch, can i just double or triple the recipe? any tips?

thank you very much!

Arabic Bites said...

@Syaliza Abdul Rahman,

Eid Mubarak to you too :)

yes,you simply double or triple the recipe,this recipe is so easy & delicious.
I hope you like it.

zainab :D

Blog Widget by LinkWithin