Thursday, January 10, 2008

Sambosa Helwa (Mini Sweet Sambosa)

Recipe by:meedo

Photobucket



1 package mini sambosa pastry leaves.


For the filling:
1 cup of finely chopped pistachios.
1/2 cup sugar.
1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom.
2 to 4 tablespoons rose water.
1/8 teaspoon blossom water.
Pinch of saffron threads (crushed).


Sealing dough:
Mix 2 tablespoon of flour with water to make sticky Paste.

1)Mix all the filling ingredients.



Photobucket



2)Place the pastry in your hand, take the left edge and fold it to the right side, next fold it to the left side to get a cone shape.

3)Fill cone with half a teaspoon of filling, seal the cone by repeating the same moves (left and right) close the edge with the sealing dough.

4)Bake at 350 F until golden brown.


Photobucket

10 comments:

Cynthia said...

This is so exciting! I first saw Sambosa bread at my friend, Sultana's site and made them but like her, I used meat and vegetable filling. I didn't know I could put a sweet filling too! I will definitely try it with the sweet filling. Thank you for sharing this.

Dori said...

I bet these smell and taste really great!

Anonymous said...

Hey, they look so delicious ! I never had a sweet samosa till now..

Orchidea said...

This recipe sounds really nice... I would like to try it.
Ciao.

Chef Jeena said...

These samosa helwa look like such a lovely snack. The filling sounds really tasty and they look like they should be in a shop window the way they are presented. :-)

Arabic Bites said...

cynthia,
Thank you for your comment,give it a try you'll love it.

meeso,
it's smell and taste really great, i think it's really worth trying.

mona,
thank you for your visit and comment.

Ciao,
I hope you like them.

jeena,
Thanks for the nice compliment & comment.

Sayeeda said...

You know my husband is from Algeria. We have the same thing and they call it sama. The only thing is the filling is different. They use either walnuts, almonds or roasted unsalted peanuts. Then they mix it with orange blossom water and cinnamon. Soo I can't wait to try it with hail and a good cup of gahwa.

Gloria Baker said...

Meedo how are you and your sister, how ever your recipes looks wonderful and yummy, don't forget your chilean friend.xxx Gloria

Noor said...

Salams, Do you use phyllo or eggroll wrappers for the outside?

Arabic Bites said...

Noor,
I use mini sambosa pastry leaves.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin